Privacy & Policy
For choices you may make about your information, please see the account management and privacy choices, the jurisdiction-specific privacy information and rights and the cookie notice below.
Please note, this Policy includes sections with additional information for users in specific jurisdictions, including Privacy Information for California Residents and Information for Certain Users Outside of the United States. You understand that your personal data, including any data you provide to us, is processed by JM Prophecies Corporation in the United States, which may have privacy and data protection regulatory standards and requirements different from the standards and requirements of another country where you may reside.
Information We Collect
How We Use Information
How We Share Information
Third- Party Content and Links
Account Management and Privacy Choices
Jurisdiction-Specific Privacy Information and Rights
- California Residents
- Nevada Residents
- Information for Certain Users outside the United States
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us. We collect the information you provide to us directly when you use the Services, including when you do the following.
- Register an account or for a newsletter; register for or attend an event; subscribe to or purchase a product
(such as a book or article); participate in a contest, promotion or survey.
- Contact information such as your name, e-mail address, street address and phone number;
- Demographic information such as year of birth, gender, general location such as city or state;
- Professional Information such as job title, industry and education; and
- Payment information such as your credit card number (processed by our third-party payment processor) and expiration date, where appropriate to process a financial transaction you have requested.
- Submit Content to the Services or Interact with Content.
- User-Generated Content such as comments on articles, books or blogs; content in message boards; images, photos, videos and online ads you post; or other content you provide to us for our Services.
- Actions You Take Related to Content such as sharing content; customizing newsletters, notifications
and alerts; and liking, replying to or reporting (and providing additional information regarding)
- Contact Us or Provide Feedback.
- Contact information such as your name, e-mail address, street address, and phone number;
- Comments, requests, and questions you submit through interactions with us; and
- Survey responses.
Automatically Collected Information. We automatically collect certain information about your use of the Services or your device. For example, we may collect the following.
- Device information such as hardware model, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device identifiers, operating system, browser type and settings (like language and available font settings) and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- Usage information such as the Services you use, the time and duration of your use and other information about your interaction with content, such as the books, blogs and articles you read and how you interact with our emails.
- Location information such as general location derived from your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted when you use certain Services.
Information from Third Party Sources. We may receive online or offline information about you from other sources, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. For example, we receive information from the following.
- Other Users, including your contact information if they provide you a gift for Services.
- Enterprise Subscribers, such as your employer or educational institution, which may provide us with your email address so you can register an account and use the Services.
- Publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, including contact information, demographic and professional data and interests.
- Social Media Services, if you interact with us through a social media service or log in using social media credentials. Depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that service, such as your name, email address, friend or followers/following list, profile and demographic\ information, current city, comments about or reactions to our Services and the people/sites you follow.
- Data analytics providers and advertising partners, including usage information, and information about your activity and transactions on other websites or platforms or with other companies.
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device or your use of our Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the Services.
How We Use Information
We may use your information as follows.
To Provide and Manage the Services, including to:
- provide account access, process your registrations, purchases and subscriptions, send you electronic newsletters and/or enable you to participate in the features (such as commenting) provided by the Services;
- complete your payments and transactions;
- provide customer service;
- understand and resolve technical issues, app crashes and other issues being reported;
- personalize the Services, including content and recommendations (including via email). Through such features, we are able to bring you information and content tailored to your individual interests and needs.
To Contact You. We may periodically contact you with Services-related updates, new features you are entitled to access, legal information, customer service communications, newsletters and alerts (where applicable, based on your registrations and preferences), surveys, offers, promotions and other information that may be of interest to you.
To Better Understand Our Readers and Users and Improve our Services. We analyze our users’ interactions with the Services along with demographics, interests and other information to better understand and serve our users and to improve our Services.
To Deliver and Measure Advertising, including Personalized Advertising. We and third parties may use your information to deliver you ads, promotions and offers that may be personalized to you and to measure the placement, frequency, efficacy and compliance of advertising and ad impressions (including contextual and targeted ads). The ads are for us and third-party advertisers and appear both on and off the Services.
We may also use other information we have collected about you, such as demographic and personal information (for example, e-mail address) for purposes related to advertising, including personalized advertising.
To Protect Rights in Connection with the Services and Others. We may use your information in ways that we, in good faith, believe are necessary or appropriate to secure, protect, enforce or defend legal rights, obligations, privacy, safety or property in connection with Services, our employees or agents or other users and to comply with applicable law and legal process.
With Consent. We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
How We Share Information
We may share your information with the following.
Affiliates of JM Prophecies.
- Business partners to provide you with services that you participate in or request, such as co-sponsors of promotions that runs on our Services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those entities.
- Service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, list managers and payment processors.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our users and Services,
including as we consider necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend legal rights, obligations, privacy, safety or property in regard to the Services or our employees, agents or users or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities.
- Third parties that provide analytics, content, advertising or functionality. Third parties may
collect or receive certain information about you and/or your use of the Services, including to provide content, ads (including personalized ads) or functionality, or to measure and analyze ad performance on our Services or other websites or platforms.
- We may share, or allow third parties to collect, device information (for example, browser type, IP address or device ID), usage information or click information obtained through cookies or other tracking technologies. Some of this information may be combined with information collected across different websites, online services and other linked or associated devices. We try to limit how third parties can use the information they gather from you or that we provide. However, some advertising and analytics vendors combine information they gather about you through our Services with information they receive from others in order to target ads to you across other services and to improve their own services. Our Cookie Notice provides more information about how these technologies are used.
- We may also share information, including personal information about you (for example, e-mail address) in hashed or other obscured format, for advertising purposes, including personalized advertising, either in connection with our Services or for our products on other websites or platforms. Recipients are not entitled by us to use this personal information for their own purposes.
- Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We may share information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization or in contemplation of or due diligence related to such a corporate transaction.
- Otherwise With Your Consent or At Your Direction. We may also share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
We also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular users, including, for example, aggregated data about how users are using our Services.
Third-PartyContent and Links
Account Management and Privacy Choices
Account andSubscription Management. You may access or modify your JM Prophecies account, update your Services and email newsletters associated with that account, and view your comment history on the User Profile page.
Email Promotions. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
Analytics. Some analytics providers that we collaborate with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms. For example, you may opt out of having Google Analytics use your information for analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. You can visit our Cookie Notice for additional information on how to opt out of certain analytics providers.
Personalized Advertising. Our Cookie Notice has information about how to manage cookies and other choices that may be available to you with respect to personalized advertising. You may choose whether to receive certain personalized (also known as targeted) advertising from participating ad networks, audience segment providers, ad serving vendors, other service providers or entities by visiting websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance or if you are a user in the European Economic Area, Your Online Choices. These third-party tools may have limitations, such as the browsers on which they are effective. Many mobile devices also allow you to opt-out of certain personalized advertising for mobile apps and related tracking using the settings within the mobile app or your mobile device. For more information, please check your mobile device settings.
Browser Signals. Some web browsers may transmit a “do-not-track” signal. Because there currently is no widely accepted industry standard concerning how to treat such signals, our Services currently do not implement action in response to such signals. We may respond to the Global Privacy Control signal for California residents, as described further in the Privacy Information for California Residents in this Policy.
Other Choices. The local laws where you live (for example, laws of the EEA, UK and California) may permit you to make certain requests. See the section applicable to the place of your residency below.
Jurisdiction-Specific Privacy Information & Rights
Privacy Information for California Residents
Additional information. If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide you with some additional information. Please note the information and the rights discussed below are not applicable to our employees, former employees, employment candidates, contractors, service providers or business relationships.
- We may collect, use and disclose for our business and commercial purposes, the following categories of information about you or your use of the Services:
- Identifiers (such as name, address, email address); commercial information (such as transaction data); financial data (such as credit card information); user-generated content; device information and identifiers (such as IP address); internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or app usage); professional and employment related information; location data; audio or visual information (such as if you participate in a phone survey or submit a photo); demographic data (such as gender); inference data; and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
- Please see Information We Collect above for more information.
- We may use the above categories of information:
- to provide and manage the Services you request; to contact you; to deliver advertising; to better understand our readers and users and improve our Services; for bug detection and error reporting; to audit consumer interactions on the Services; to protect and enforce rights and obligations in connection with the Services and with your consent.
- Please see How We Use Information above for more information.
- We may share
- any of the above categories of information we collect with: our affiliates; business partners to provide you with services that you request; service providers; other parties, including government entities, when required by law or to protect our users and services; social media services pursuant to those services and your settings; and with your consent or in connection with a corporate transaction.
- commercial information and financial data, including your payment information, with payment processors; and
- device information and identifiers and internet or other network or device activity with entities that provide content, advertising, and functionality.
- Please see Sharing of Information above for more information.
Sale of Personal Information. We may engage in personalized (or targeted) advertising in connection with the Services or on other sites and when we advertise our Services elsewhere. In connection with such advertising, we may share the following categories of information with advertising networks and providers, advertisers, certain analytics providers and social media networks, which may be considered a sale under California law:
- device information and identifiers, such as IP address, and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; usage information, such as browsing history or app usage; location information, such as city; and inference data.
California residents can opt out of such targeted advertising as set forth [on our website link in regard to “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”]. California residents can also turn on the Global Privacy Control (GPC) to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information for each participating browser system that you use. Learn more at the Global Privacy Control website.
California residents can request:
- access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you;
- deletion of certain personal information we have collected from you; and/or
- information about financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
If you would like information regarding your rights or would like to make a request concerning the privacy of your personal information, please contact us at the mailing address, telephone number or email address below. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and requests, including by verifying your account information, residency or the email address you provide. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law, such as information we retain for legal compliance and to secure our Services. We may need certain information in order to provide the Services to you; if you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to use the Services. The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Once a year, California residents can also request certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
California residents who are under 18 and are registered users of the Services can request removal of content that they have posted on the Services by emailing us at the privacy email address below, with your name and email address and/or your JM Prophecies username, birth year, mailing address and the material that you want removed and information that will enable us to locate it. Your request does not ensure complete removal of the material. For example, materials may be republished or reposted by another user or third party.
Nevada consumers who have purchased goods or services from us may opt out of the “sale” of “covered information” as such terms are defined under Nevada law. We do not engage in such activity, but if you have questions about this you can email us at the privacy email address below.
Information for Certain Users outside the United States
Under applicable law in the EEA, UK and Switzerland, JM Prophecies is considered the “data controller” of the personal information we handle under this Policy. As such a data controller, JM Prophecies is responsible for deciding how to collect, use and disclose this information, subject to applicable law. Our contact information appears at the end of this Policy. Residents of certain jurisdictions may be able to request exercise of one or more individual rights referred to in “Individual Rights” below, in accordance with applicable law.
International Transfers. JM Prophecies provides and locates the Services in the United States, where we process and store information. We may also store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. We will seek to ensure that transfers of personal data to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards. By using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law. Application of a Privacy Shield Policy may cover use of personal information that was transferred to us from organizations in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland under such transfer mechanism.
Users in the EEA, United Kingdom and Switzerland
Individual Rights. If you are a resident of the EEA, UK or Switzerland you may have certain rights under applicable law, including rights to have us
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you;
- delete certain information that we hold about you;
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling);
- update or rectify information that is out of date or incorrect;
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information;
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services;
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information.
- Residents of certain other countries may also be able request one or more of the above under applicable law. To make a request, you can contact us at the mailing address, email address or telephone number below. In order to respond to your request, we will need to verify your identity and residency and may require you to provide us with supporting information. If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Additional Marketing andAdvertising Choices.
Our Cookies Notice has information about how to manage cookies and other choices that may be available to you with respect to personalized advertising.
If you are a resident of the EEA, UK, Switzerland, or Canada, as described above, you may opt out of (withdraw your consent to) receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions in such emails. You may also opt out of (withdraw your consent to) our use of your email to provide you special offers via email and through other platforms (such as social media) by emailing us at the privacy email below.
We have in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help protect the information we collect. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable or perfect. We cannot guarantee the security of our systems, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
For More Information or to Make a Request Concerning Your Information.
JM Prophecies Corporation (“JM Prophecies” or “we” or “us”) is headquartered in Florida, with an address at 111 SE 1st Avenue, Suite 164, Gainesville, Florida 32601. If you would like to make a request about your personal information that we process, you can contact our Privacy Counsel at our address above, by the information on the contact page. If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal information, you can submit a complaint to the privacy regulators with jurisdiction over the matter in your country, state or province.
What Are Cookies and How Are They Used?
Cookies and other tracking technologies operating on the Services, including but not limited to web beacons/GIFs, pixels and SDKs (together “Cookies” unless otherwise stated), are small files or technologies that are placed on your computer or device when you visit an online site, service or app. They are used to recognize visitors across one or more browsing sessions and across one or more sites. Cookies help enable certain features (like remembering you so you do not have to re-log in), improve the Services and deliver advertising,
Types of Cookies
Our Services use the following types of first and third-party Cookies.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies are necessary for our services to function properly and securely. They cannot be
switched off in our systems. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some
parts of the Services will not work.
- Functional Cookies enable us to provide enhanced functionality and personalization by remembering your
preferences or settings when you return to our Services. Without these cookies, certain features may not
- Performance Cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Services. They help us know which parts of the Services are most and least popular and see how visitors use our Services. We use third-party Cookies, such as GoogleAnalytics, to help with performance and analytics.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies help deliver advertisements, make them more relevant and meaningful to users and track the efficiency of advertising campaigns. We and our third-party advertising parties may use these Cookies to build a profile of your interests and deliver relevant advertising on our Services or on other sites or services. If you disable these Cookies, you may still see contextual advertising or ads based on information we have about you.
- Social Media Cookies are set by social media platforms in connection with the Services to enable you to share content with your friends and networks. Social media platforms have the ability to track your online activity outside of the Services. This may impact the content and messages you see on other services you visit.
Depending on where you live, you may be able to adjust your Cookie preferences at any time via an option to manage Cookies. You can also use the methods described below to manage certain Cookies and similar technologies. In many cases, including for Cookies, you must take such steps on each browser or device that you use. If you change or upgrade your browser or device, or delete your Cookies, you may need to use these opt-out tools again. Some Cookie-management solutions also rely on Cookies, so please adjust your browser Cookie settings carefully. We do not maintain or control the opt-out mechanisms and settings below and are not responsible for their operation.
Browser Controls: You may be able to disable and manage some Cookies through your browser settings. Instructions for how to manage Cookies in popular browsers are available at: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari (iOS), Safari (Mac) and Opera. For other browsers, you can also visit your browser’s help menu.
Analytics: To disable certain analytics Cookies, you can use the browser controls discussed above or, for some of our providers, you can use their individual opt-out mechanisms, such as the Google Analytics Opt-Out, Chartbeat at https://static.chartbeat.com/opt-out.html, and Comscore at https://www.scorecardresearch.com/optout.aspx?newlanguage=1.
Interest-Based Advertising: Most third-party advertisers offer a way to opt out of their interest-based advertising. In addition to the steps described above, you may opt-out of certain targeted advertising from participating entities by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance in the U.S., Digital Advertising Alliance in the U.S., Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or the Australian Digital Advertising Alliance.
You can also opt out of some of the advertising providers and vendors we use by visiting their settings or opt-out pages, such as Google’s Opt-Out page, Facebook’s Settings, LiveIntent’s Ad Choices page, and LiveRamp’s Opt-Out Page.
If you opt out through these methods, you may still see advertisements, but they may not be as relevant to you.
Consequences of Deactivation of Cookies: If you disable or remove Cookies, some parts of the Services may not function properly. Information may still be collected and used for other purposes, such as internal operations and to remember your opt-out preferences.